Sunday, September 27, 2009

Time For A Change

Things that I do now, that I never did before Korea:

  • squeegee the floor after every shower
  • roll up my pants before going into a bathroom
  • duck when turning on a bathroom sink
  • only eat the inside of grapes and leave behind little purple grape carcases
  • contemplate my options at toilet paper vending machines
  • hear the difference between "Hyundai" and "Haeundae"
  • refer to kimchi as "pretty good"
  • drink aloe juice, and like it.
  • use words like "pagey" "changey" and "lunchy"
  • get annoyed if I have to pay more than 2200 won ($2.20) for a taxi
  • consider "hello kitty" socks + flip flops acceptable business footwear
  • Push when I want to Pull, Pull when I would Push, Lift when I want to Lower, Twist when I would Close... every instinct is opposite here!
  • Alpha-numeric Sudoku. I've become a sudoku wizard! 9x9 puzzles with just numbers no longer cut it. I've moved on to 16x16 with letters and numbers. It's definitely a challenge. They should keep me busy for the next month or so... after that, no idea how I'll entertain myself at work.

so many options... what to choose, what to choose?

No comments:

If you are reading this, then I'm impressed... you just did a whole lot of reading!!