Thursday, May 21, 2009

Funky Fish Food

About two weeks ago I went to Gumi, about an hour west of my town, to have a much needed girls night out!

We started at a little coffee/ ice cream shop/ spa. The spa part of it was called "Dr. Fish". It's just a small tub in the back of the shop with a bunch of fish in it. You sit on the side of the tub and stick your feet in the water and the fish will eat the dead skin off your feet!!


Of course... we all had to try it!! And OH MY GOD did it tickle!!!!! I'm freakishly ticklish anyway, so I could hardly sit there without wiggling and giggling.




After Dr. Fish we went to a local Hookah bar and indulged in wine and cheese, tobacco and girl talk! It was fantastic!!



"W-O-W"... it's fun being out with the girls! I love the cheesiness of Korea! Wait.... that's just me being cheesy in Korea. My mistake! Then around midnight we wandered to a Norebang bar (Karaoke in Japan) and we belted out tunes from the cheesiest pop songs we could think of!





Norebang is not for the faint at heart, or the weak... particularly the tambourining! Especially if you've been drinking heavily. I've had bruises for two weeks! Ouch!



I believe this was Journey's "Open Arms" and the one below was probably something like the Spice Girls. Who knows!



We left Norebang around 3am and went to some local Expat bars. I finally made it back to Anastasia's apartment (wearing shoes I'd never seen before! Don't know who they belonged to) around 5:30 am. I had to be up and at least pretending to be sober by 8am to attend my sister's college graduation... via webcam! Yes, my family sat through the whole ceremony with an open laptop just so I could watch!


It was a great weekend! I can't wait to do it again!

2 comments:

Melissa S. said...

the picture with the disco ball...at first glance i thought that was Jess in the left corner and AnnMarie in the front right. I was like "whoa! they totally went to Korea and no one told ME!"

hahaha

glad to got to have your girls night. it sounded like fun though i would have been scared of the fish on my feet.

Anonymous said...

Hello
escitalopram generic

Any allergies to drugs must be known by your doctor as well as presence of kidney or liver disease, bipolar disorder, seizures, or any history of drug abuse and/or suicidal tendencies.
[url=http://www.topcobilliards.com/]lexapro anxiety[/url]
Any presence of the above will require you to undergo special procedures before taking Lexapro or a dose adjustment.
http://www.topcobilliards.com/ - buy lexapro online

Any allergies to drugs must be known by your doctor as well as presence of kidney or liver disease, bipolar disorder, seizures, or any history of drug abuse and/or suicidal tendencies.

If you are reading this, then I'm impressed... you just did a whole lot of reading!!