Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Shop Till You Drop-Kick Someone!

I hate shopping in Korea.

That's not such a bad thing though.  It has kept me from spending very much money.  

Korea must have a very low unemployment rate... when you are in a store, every rack of clothes has a sales associate waiting for you.  

Even in the US, I'm the kind person who likes to be left alone when I'm shopping.  I appreciate when they ask if I need anything, but once I've said no thanks it drives me nuts when they hover.  So being in a store, where every 5 feet another person is standing over my shoulder as I browse, drives me crazy.  If you look at something longer than just a fleeting glance, they will yank it off the rack and present it to you in a very, The Price is Right, kind of spokesmodel way. 

I hate it.

What's even more annoying is when I do find something I like.  I take my potential purchase to the fitting room lady, and then this is always the next scenario:

Lady looks at me,
Lady looks at the dress,
Lady looks at me, 
Lady looks at the dress,
Lady looks at me,
Lady flips the dress inside out searching for the tags...

Uhhhg.  So frustrating and such a blow to your ego!    I'm always thinking, "I know I'm twice the size of the emaciated little people that usually shop here, but I swear that dress is the right size!"  Luckily, I've yet to be proven wrong.  The clothes always fit and it does make me feel good that I can actually fit into these itty bitty Korean sizes.

But I hate shopping here!

1 comment:

KatiePerk said...

Hey Lady! I love keeping up with your Korean Life!! I am sorry the attendants harass you. That is very obnoxious. Just wanted to know I was thinking about you. I am following your blog on mine (http://katiesperk.blogspot.com/)
Let me know if you need anything.
xoxo, Katie Suitt Perkinson

If you are reading this, then I'm impressed... you just did a whole lot of reading!!